Sheley, Hall & Williams primarily represents three types of clients with respect to transactional matters:
Larger institutional and private equity clients in the acquisition, development and disposition of office, retail, multifamily, hotel and industrial properties;
Smaller, more entrepreneurial clients, including opportunistic private equity funds with respect to the development of projects of all types, from land acquisition through development and on to the ultimate sale of the project;
Large corporate end-users of real estate, including a national communications and media company and a national bedding manufacturing company, each based in Atlanta, but with a national footprint.
Our attorneys and staff at Sheley, Hall & Williams handle all aspects of traditional transactions such as:
- Original contract negotiation
- Debt and equity structuring
- Venture structuring
- Real estate due diligence
- Title and survey review
- Closing logistics
Additionally, given our extensive leasing background, Sheley, Hall & Williams routinely handles the due diligence review of multiple leases associated with office, retail or industrial acquisitions and has the ability simultaneously to manage large or multiple acquisitions.
Sheley, Hall & Williams offers special expertise in the following areas:
- Section 1031 tax free exchanges
- UBIT and REIT issues
- Public and private partnerships
- Formation of complex real estate fund structures
- “PILOT” bond transactions and other public/private partnership transactions
- Hotel transactions, including the negotiation of hotel management and related technical services agreements
- Negotiation of operating agreements, programmatic ventures and joint venture agreements
We work closely with each client, consulting with general counsel, tax counsel or accountants as needed, and take pride in our ability to predict and swiftly respond to the dynamic nature of complex transactions.